Comparison: ASUS Transformer Pro T304 vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 4
The ASUS Transformer Pro T304 was designed to be the best Windows 10 2-in-1 PC. In this respect, it was created to match or supersede Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 in features and performance. Here we present the results of comparing these two leading 2-in-1 PCs against each other.
ASUS Transformer Pro vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- The Transformer Pro features more powerful & recent internal components – especially its 7th generation Intel Core i7 U series performance processor and ultra-large and fast, 1TB PCIe Gen 3 x4 SSD
- The kickstand of the Transformer Pro T304 opens wider, letting the screen tilt back to a lower angle
- Greater number of ports and connectors – including a full-sized HDMI that is commonly used by display devices like TVs and projectors, unlike the rare Mini DisplayPort output of the Surface Pro 4
- Larger display with higher resolution, pixel density, and a higher color gamut that results in greater color accuracy; with images enhanced by ASUS proprietary TruVivid, Splendid and Tru2Life technologies
- A tablet section that is almost as slim and compact in spite of having more ports and larger display
Let’s look at how the specifications stack up side-by-side:
A better display
When pitted against the Microsoft Surface Pro 4’s display, the Transformer Pro T304’s outperforms it in screen size, resolution and color representation:
|ASUS Transformer Pro T304||Microsoft Surface Pro 4|
|Diagonal size||12.6 inches||12.3 inches|
|Resolution||2880 x 1920||2736 x 1824|
|Color gamut coverage||121% of sRGB||98.7% of sRGB|
Resolution and pixel density
Although the Transformer Pro T304 has a slightly larger display than the Surface Pro 4, it has a higher resolution. This results in a higher pixel density, which is important for viewing details of screen content – especially high resolution images and movies.
Extreme color accuracy is another strength of the Transformer Pro T304’s display over that of the Surface Pro 4. The Transformer Pro T304’s display has an incredible ability to exceed the color range of the sRGB colour range by 21%. With this 121% coverage of the sRGB color space, the Transformer Pro T304’s display is able to render a wider range of hues – right down to the most subtle tones. This results in more accurate and vibrant colors in images and video. This high color accuracy is especially important for users who work in color critical industries like digital artists, designers and photographers.